In 1960s traditional village farming was the only major factor contributing to Indian economy. Taking benefit of this, our honorary chair person, started mechanizing his operations and in a short time gained momentum and expertise in groundnut oil production. Soon expansion became imperative and in 1970s company achieved an esteemed position in the market with its quality products.
By looking at the overwhelming response from the market the management decided to establish a new venture in the field of plastic production and continues to grow even today to fulfill the needs of market.
- 1967 - Edible oil manufacturing from groundnut.
- 1972 - Large scale production plant of groundnut oil started (installed capacity of 100 ton/day
- 1982 - Became the first to manufacture Rigid PVC (polyvinyl chloride) pipes in the district.
- 1990 - Production capacity doubled considering robust market demand.
- 1991- Introduction of plastic security seals for wide variety of products like milk, chemicals, energy meters, gas cylinders, petroleum products, etc.
- 1992 - Production of EPE (expanded polyethylene) sheets begin.
- 1994 - Beginning of production of Multilayer Blown film plant to manufacturer LDPE/ LLDPE/ HDPE film. The increased demand of plastic packing materials in India added philip to this.
- 1995 - Five-fold increase in production capacity of rigid PVC Pipe plant with fully automatic machinery.
- 1996 - Introduction of automatic production unit for plastic seals.
- 1998 - Expansion and upgradation of EPE foam unit.
- 2002 - Expansion and upgradation in PVC pipes unit. Introduction pipes with ring fit technology.
- 2004 - Sundaram Overseas Operation (SOO) established to be a part of the globalization and worldwide demand of authentic Indian products. SOO handles all export and import activities of the group. In the process, we got ISO and ISI certification to meet quality standards and customer satisfaction.
- 2005 - Production of various kind of salt / related products was started.
- 2007 - Introduction of new PE Foam product for air-conditioning and packing industry.
- 2009 - Production of various chemicals started.
- 2010 - Expansion in Multilayer Blown film plant and PVC pipes unit.
- 2011 - Sundaram Group now into Software Development and IT services.
- 2012 - Weekly Mall
The vision of Sundaram Overseas Operation is to be the leader and to be perceived as an organization which banks on the quality and development of its products, for its customer service and for respect of the environment.
The mission of Sundaram Overseas Operation is to offer a wide range of superior - quality products and innovation, generating resources that guarantee our continuity, in order to satisfy together with the rest of the units of the group - all of its customers seeking maximum satisfaction and well-being.